Why is copyright protection becoming an important element of business success?
In recent years, the expression «one who owns information, owns the world» has become the reality of our lives. Considering the success and profitability ratings of a business, the most profitable area is information technology, just like most startups are connected with this area, which is fully managed and protected by copyright.
Therefore, copyright protection is becoming an increasingly relevant issue for most enterprises and entrepreneurs.
Copyright objects include:
- written literary works of any nature
- speeches, lectures, speeches, sermons and any other works recorded on a tangible medium
- computer programs (software)
- musical works with and without text
- dramatic, musical and dramatic works, pantomimes, choreographic and other works created for a stage show, and their staging;
- audiovisual works
- works of art
- works of architecture, urban planning
- photographic works.
Registration of copyright certifies the right of an individual or legal entity and ends with the receipt of a certificate of registration of copyright.
The procedure itself takes 2-3 months from the date of filing the relevant application, and the duration of the property rights is valid throughout the life of the author and the next 70 years after his death.
However, despite the fact that the procedure itself does not take a long time, the requirements for documents for certification and confirmation of a particular type of copyright object are very different. Therefore, we advise you to seek a consultation in advance to assess whether all documents are ready by the time you apply for a certificate.